UtahGMPerformance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utah's forum for General Motors performance vehicles

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Cobalt stuff for sale
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:00 pm by littleasian90

» Tachout's Build Thread
OBZ's intro & some history EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:10 pm by Tachout

» My request
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 am by Shawn

» Cobalt SS exhaust manifold stud needed
OBZ's intro & some history EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm by littleasian90

» New member from bluffdale UT
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm by colodude18

» S14 Silvia SR20DET swap
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm by littleasian90

» MT ET Drag Tires $10.00 Each
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 pm by Tachout

» Business card design
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 am by Shawn

» Wide open wednesday at miller motorsports park 2012
OBZ's intro & some history EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm by Shawn

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

OBZ's intro & some history

Go down 
+2
LILGTO
OBZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OBZ
OBZ

OBZ's intro & some history Empty
PostSubject: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey guys, I know many of you know me or at least have seen me around certain forums! But for those who don't, my name is Tyler, and I am from Salt lake city. I have been in the cobalt game since mid 2006 when I bought my Cobalt LT of the dealer show room. I was 19 at the time and my dad would NOT even consider cosigning for an SS so I got the LT. I became very interested in modifying it after being on a few forums for a few months (yourcobalt, RME, CSS and a few others as time went on.) I was even the Utah chapter president of RME for quite a while.

Anyway, I went on to mod my LT pretty heavily. (K&N Intake, 2.4 TB & IM, H, DP, corsa cat back, trifecta tune. FE5 front sway bar, Powell HC RSB, SS/TC shocks and struts, pedders springs, Powell F23 rotated mounts w/upgraded LNF rear mount, Rack spacers, 18" Konig unknown's, Full SS interior Including Recaro's and tons of visual mods. But my hood probably sticks out the most in peoples minds. I have ran this car out at Miller MSP as well as in many SCCA AutoX events and beat a lot of cars that would MURDER me in a straight line! Anyway on to pics!

Here are some of my fav pics.
OBZ's intro & some history Claybarwaxedpics006

OBZ's intro & some history Claybarwaxedpics001

OBZ's intro & some history Claybarwaxedpics002

And a vid of me at RMR 15.9 my best was a 15.8

OBZ's intro & some history OBZ

Well on 3/11/11 I was coming up a curvy on ramp to the freeway, went into the left lane to pass the slow car in front of me. (yes I was jamming faster than I should've been.) And just as I switched lanes, they went into the same lane leaving me no choice but to swerve & try to pass them on the shoulder. It worked out, but once I corrected to get back into the lane ( in somewhat of a turn still near the end of the on ramp) my rear end swung out in the gravel, causing me to spin out and slide off the freeway, right dead center into a tree in the drivers door at roughly 50-60 mph! We hit at such an impact that the tree broke over and we rolled over it 3/4 of a turn to ultimately come to rest on the passenger side.. I was knocked unconscious on impact but my friend was coherent the whole time! I woke up after about 30 seconds or so and ejected myself from the vehicle through the sunroof and my friend climbed out himself as well. We were still taken by ambulance to the E.R. to get xrays done because if the severity of the accident. Remarkably both of us walked away with bruises and sore muscles but nothing serious. I definitely got the worst of it. Had a pretty wicked bruise on my hip and my left shoulder is still kinda sore. I am still just astonished that we did not get one cut (even though every window broke) I had no bumps on the head, seriously nothing serious! My friend walked away without a single scratch! We were VERY lucky that night!

Here are some pics of it in the towing yard.
OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0212

OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0198
You can see how bad it smashed in the recaro seat! It's a good thing I am a little guy or it would have been much worse!
OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0208
In this one you can see how deep the tree came in, in relation to the steering wheel!
OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0209

I truly feel lucky to be alive! I have definitely learned a huge lesson from this, and I have been taking it easier on the streets!

Funny thing was I actually decided about a week before this happened, that I was going to part it out and sell it, then upgrade to an SS/TC. It's like it didn't want to go back to stock! LOL! The Insurance actually paid out very well and gave me quite a bit more than I could have sold it for! Plus I got to pull all of my aftermarket parts! Most have sold pretty well on CSS and YC. Once I got the insurance check I went out and bought a White 2009 SS/TC Sedan! Got it used private sale with 36k miles for 14.5k I was going to talk him down a bit but he held the car for me during the 2 weeks I was waiting on the check. So I didn't really any have ground.

On to the pics!
OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0680

OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0686

OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0684

OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0681

OBZ's intro & some history IMAG0582

And one of my favs someone caught during AutoX! Three wheelin!
OBZ's intro & some history 5777881345_8d8d3245f2_o

My current modifications include: K&N intake, Forge BPV, Injen CP, HAHN IC, Bad-mab Catless DP, Corsa muffler (off my old cobalt), Trifecta tuned, Pedders coilovers Powell Hardcore rear sway bar, Powell rotated mounts, tinted windows (5&30), tinted tails, painted headlights & a few other minor things..

CLIFF NOTES: I found the site, totaled my LT, upgraded to an SS/TC Sedan and loving it! Glad to be a part of the site!
Back to top Go down
LILGTO
Noob
Noob
LILGTO

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

HI elephant
Back to top Go down
06SuperSlow
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Wad up Bro!
Back to top Go down
Xray
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Nice history man! Your balt looks badass!
Back to top Go down
Mckenz08
Just Joined
Just Joined
Mckenz08

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 am

Wow man I remember you saying that you wrecked your yellow Balt last time we talked but damn that was a lot worse than I was thinking. Your Sedan is looking good too man.
Back to top Go down
littleasian90
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 am

Your TC sedan is sweet! Gotta love the white!
Back to top Go down
OBZ
OBZ

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Haha yeah I'm honestly very surprised I walked away from that one..

But thanks for the compliments guys! I am really loving this car!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBZ's intro & some history   OBZ's intro & some history Empty

Back to top Go down

OBZ's intro & some history
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UtahGMPerformance :: Web Site :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: