UtahGMPerformance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utah's forum for General Motors performance vehicles

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Cobalt stuff for sale
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:00 pm by littleasian90

» Tachout's Build Thread
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:10 pm by Tachout

» My request
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 am by Shawn

» Cobalt SS exhaust manifold stud needed
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm by littleasian90

» New member from bluffdale UT
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm by colodude18

» S14 Silvia SR20DET swap
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm by littleasian90

» MT ET Drag Tires $10.00 Each
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 pm by Tachout

» Business card design
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 am by Shawn

» Wide open wednesday at miller motorsports park 2012
My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm by Shawn

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tachout
Noob
Noob
Tachout

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo Empty
PostSubject: My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo   My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:40 pm

A little background. This car does not have a working radio right now. There is too much gone to just throw a working one in from another Vette as they think those things are gold plated or something. I decided I am going to combine some equipment I had from my Coupe, as well as, some other equipment I have tradded for here and there.

A budy of mine and I am going to put this together. He is right now building me a box that will hold the 10" Sub. The rest of my equipment will be either in this box, or on the rear wall of the hole where the top folds into. Big things are I want it clear, and able to be heard over the car on the road, top up or down, and I want it to look good. I will add to this thread here and there as I do the rest of install, and how to clean up the wiring, and make the interior look good.

Here is what I am starting with. Not a ton of room to put a pair of amps, a cross over, a cap, 2 rear speakers, and a remote CD Player (thanks Tom)

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5760

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5761

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5762

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5763

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5764

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5765

Up front I will keep the pair of front speakers, and plan to add the pair that were in the coupe. I plan on putting them up around the tunnel under the dash and console area. I will all add a pair of Bass Shakers under the seats. I will be using the head unit out of the coupe, along with addition of XM radio. I am going to use the same face unit I had in my suburban. I use it in a couple of different boom boxes and am hooked on XM. Hopefully the system will be close to the sound I had in the coupe or better. Curtis is going to be helping on this, and he is the bomb when it comes this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
colodude18
Noob
Noob
colodude18

PostSubject: Re: My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo   My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

Sounds like a challenging project...good luck and subbed for pics of the final result!
Back to top Go down
OBZ
OBZ

PostSubject: Re: My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo   My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Nice! I used to love this kinda stuff before I got weight conscious lol. Looking forward to pics!
Back to top Go down
Tachout
Noob
Noob
Tachout

PostSubject: Re: My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo   My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:25 am

Here is a Picture of the box sitting back there. Curtis did a great job custom building my back to fit the spot, fit the equipment, and fit with the top down still. Still have to get in and install the stereo and all, but this is the rear box. And the top will still drop. I need to get a set of speaker grills for it still and then the box will be done and ready to hook up.

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo DSCN5891
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo   My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo Empty

Back to top Go down

My Daily Driver Vert is about to get a new stereo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UtahGMPerformance :: Performance :: Interiors-
Jump to: