UtahGMPerformance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utah's forum for General Motors performance vehicles

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Cobalt stuff for sale
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:00 pm by littleasian90

» Tachout's Build Thread
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:10 pm by Tachout

» My request
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 am by Shawn

» Cobalt SS exhaust manifold stud needed
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm by littleasian90

» New member from bluffdale UT
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm by colodude18

» S14 Silvia SR20DET swap
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm by littleasian90

» MT ET Drag Tires $10.00 Each
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 pm by Tachout

» Business card design
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 am by Shawn

» Wide open wednesday at miller motorsports park 2012
Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm by Shawn

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.

Go down 
+3
OBZ
Shawn
Tachout
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tachout
Noob
Noob
Tachout

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. Empty
PostSubject: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 am

So I am on my way to work though Mexico of course, and I am coming to a light that just changed so I am going to be right at the line. I can see there is a Volkswagen GTI already sitting there. I am pretty much oblivious to the fun that is about to begin. As I pull next to him, he revs the car. I pretty much ignore him for a couple of reasons. One I hate when my Vette gets its ass kicked by a Volkswagen, and besides, who wants to jump on it on an icy street, in a school zone.

Well I guess since I did not notice him, he must have thought I did not hear him, so he revs it again, and taps the horn.... I think what the hell, do I know this guy, and I glance over. Young punk, my guess in High School. He nods like "Wanna Go" and revs it again. I just smile and turn away, knowing if I did jump on it, he would kick my butt anyway.

The light changes, he grabs first, then second, and is a good 4 car lengths ahead of me when I get through the intersection, and not hardly above 3000 RPMs... and that is when I see it, and know I will blow by him before the rail road tracks ahead. My guess is he did not see what I did. Off to our left, sitting with his Radar gun going, is a Cop. Mind you I know that they sit there as I take the same road in every morning. My guess is as the kid blows by doing atleast 60, and me not up to 35, I know I am going to work without a ticket, and as his lights come on, I know the kid is. By the time I pull past the cop, and the VW coming to a stop to get a ticket, I just idle by..... I love it when that happens.

Back to top Go down
Shawn
Admin
Admin
Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 am

Ha ha that's great I love when that happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahgmperformance.com
OBZ
OBZ

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 am

Lol nice.
Back to top Go down
colodude18
Noob
Noob
colodude18

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm

That's awesome. I think I wouldda revved my engine as I drove by, or honked my horn Wink

Just out of curiosity though: why were you concerned about getting your ass kicked by a Volkswagen? Thought you said you drove a Vette? I have v-dubs for lunch in my "lil vette" lol
Back to top Go down
unreal
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 am

Stock c4 vette convertable=WAY WAY WAY slow.

Most modern family cars would eat it up.
Back to top Go down
Tachout
Noob
Noob
Tachout

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am

To day the Stock convertible C4 is slow is an understatement. It is 220 HP or so when it was new, and this puppy is really tired. I daily drive it, and until the Coupe is done I am not putting any cash under its hood. Then I am not sure I will put anything under there except for keeping it running.
Back to top Go down
06SuperSlow
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 pm

That happened to me once...I wasn't racing or revin at all I was trying to get home and this kid in a red cobalt ss/sc pulled up next to me and hella flexin and sure enough there was a cop right there and and the cop called in for reinforcements and pulled me and the other guy over and accused me of street racing even tho I was not racing at all. The cop didn't have any evidence to charge me with anything but I'm pretty sure they wrote that kid a ticket.
Back to top Go down
EricE
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Winner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.
Page 1 of 1