» Business card design
Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 am by Shawn

» Wide open wednesday at miller motorsports park 2012
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm by Shawn

September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tachout
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:37 am

So I am on my way to work though Mexico of course, and I am coming to a light that just changed so I am going to be right at the line. I can see there is a Volkswagen GTI already sitting there. I am pretty much oblivious to the fun that is about to begin. As I pull next to him, he revs the car. I pretty much ignore him for a couple of reasons. One I hate when my Vette gets its ass kicked by a Volkswagen, and besides, who wants to jump on it on an icy street, in a school zone.

Well I guess since I did not notice him, he must have thought I did not hear him, so he revs it again, and taps the horn.... I think what the hell, do I know this guy, and I glance over. Young punk, my guess in High School. He nods like "Wanna Go" and revs it again. I just smile and turn away, knowing if I did jump on it, he would kick my butt anyway.

The light changes, he grabs first, then second, and is a good 4 car lengths ahead of me when I get through the intersection, and not hardly above 3000 RPMs... and that is when I see it, and know I will blow by him before the rail road tracks ahead. My guess is he did not see what I did. Off to our left, sitting with his Radar gun going, is a Cop. Mind you I know that they sit there as I take the same road in every morning. My guess is as the kid blows by doing atleast 60, and me not up to 35, I know I am going to work without a ticket, and as his lights come on, I know the kid is. By the time I pull past the cop, and the VW coming to a stop to get a ticket, I just idle by..... I love it when that happens.

Back to top Go down
Shawn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 am

Ha ha that's great I love when that happens.

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 am

Lol nice.

1 of 41 white SS sedans ever produced!
Back to top Go down
colodude18
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:15 pm

That's awesome. I think I wouldda revved my engine as I drove by, or honked my horn Wink

Just out of curiosity though: why were you concerned about getting your ass kicked by a Volkswagen? Thought you said you drove a Vette? I have v-dubs for lunch in my "lil vette" lol
Back to top Go down
unreal
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 am

Stock c4 vette convertable=WAY WAY WAY slow.

Most modern family cars would eat it up.
Back to top Go down
Tachout
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am

To day the Stock convertible C4 is slow is an understatement. It is 220 HP or so when it was new, and this puppy is really tired. I daily drive it, and until the Coupe is done I am not putting any cash under its hood. Then I am not sure I will put anything under there except for keeping it running.
Back to top Go down
06SuperSlow
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 pm

That happened to me once...I wasn't racing or revin at all I was trying to get home and this kid in a red cobalt ss/sc pulled up next to me and hella flexin and sure enough there was a cop right there and and the cop called in for reinforcements and pulled me and the other guy over and accused me of street racing even tho I was not racing at all. The cop didn't have any evidence to charge me with anything but I'm pretty sure they wrote that kid a ticket.
Back to top Go down
EricE
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Winner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.   

Back to top Go down

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UtahGMPerformance :: Community :: Relaxtion room-
Jump to: